- No new Polo? Volkswagen pins hopes on SUVs, localisation
Taigun, VW’s latest compact SUV which is based on the MQB AO IN platform, boasts 95 per cent localization. Similarly, the new-generation of Tiguan, the company’s best-selling SUV globally, will now be
- Stringent tests required to be passed now to get driving licence: Gadkari
"Passing percentage in all RTOs is 69 per cent. It is also informed that the objective of conducting driving skill test, as per the above provision, is to produce qualified/talented drivers," the
- Mercedes-Benz A-Class Limousine launched at Rs 39.90 lakh
The 200D diesel version is priced at Rs 40.90 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). The performance version A35 AMG 4Matic is launched at Rs 56.24 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi).
- BMW M 1000 RR launched in India, starts at Rs 42 lakh
BMW Motorrad India on Thursday launched the all-new BMW M 1000 RR. The M 1000 RR is the first M series motorcycle in BMW Motorrad’s Indian portfolio.
- Kona EV owners say Hyundai mishandling recall for battery fires
Some owners of Hyundai Motor's Kona electric vehicles say the South Korean automaker is bungling a major recall with delays and poor communication, and risks losing buyers as it targets the No.3 spot
- Lamborghini Urus clocks 298 kmph on ice, breaks high-speed record
Lamborghini on Wednesday announced that its super SUV Urus took part in the Days of Speed on the ice of Lake Baikal powering through extreme challenges to set the 1,000-meter record, at 114 km/h
- Triumph’s electric TE-1 Prototype design revealed
Triumph Motorcycles revealed its much-anticipated electric concept, TE-1 Prototype, almost two years after the project’s inception. The concept has finished phase 2 and has now entered the final stage
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz E200 review: Dial ‘E’ for comfort
Close to 47,000 units sold to date, E-Class is the longest-running German nameplate in India. To shed light on the number, E-Class has contributed to 30 per cent volumes, roughly every third car sold.
- BMW 220i Sport launched, priced at Rs 37.90 lakh
The 2 Series Gran Coupe 220i Sport is available at an introductory price of Rs 37.90 lakh (ex-showroom). The 220i Sport variant makes the 2 Series Gran Coupe slightly more affordable as the standard
- Sir Ralf Speth to become TVS chairman in 2023
TVS Motor Company, with a clear eye on the future has announced the appointment of global automotive industry icon Prof Sir Ralf Speth to its Board of Directors.
- Tata Nano production nil in 2020 due to BS6 issue: Gujarat
The new emission norms introduced last year required engines to be tweaked in irder to reduce pollution from vehicles.
- Volkswagen Taigun launch in festive season, global premiere on March 31
Volkswagen India will globally unveil Taigun SUV on March 31 and the launch is scheduled for the festive season, a top company official confirmed on Tuesday.
- Global auto plants now idle as chip supplies dry up
Many of the world’s biggest automakers are suspending operations at their factories in Asia, Europe and North America due to a persistent shortage of semiconductors that was exacerbated by a fire at a
- Skoda to invest 2.5 billion euros in new technologies over next 5 years
The VW owned company wishes to expand its car lineup and also focus on making new electric vehicles
- Toyota, Isuzu revive capital tie-up with focus on connected trucks
Toyota Motor Corp and Isuzu Motors Ltd announced a capital alliance on Wednesday, reviving a partnership to bolster their competitive edge in connected, commercial vehicles.
- Royal Enfield, Knox collaborate to launch range of riding gears
Royal Enfield on Wednesday announced a collaboration with Knox to create a range of high protection, accessible riding gear, and CE-certified external knee-guard called Conqueror.
- Hyundai faces production disruption from April due to chip shortage
The chip shortage has plagues many car manufacturers across the globe, which has resulted in long delivery periods for new cars.
- EQC vs I-Pace? Mercedes isn’t in mood to fight it out yet
The German carmaker decided to welcome the I-Pace on a rather quirky note. Mercedes-Benz India took to Twitter to announce the sharing of public charging infra set up the company with JLR. Tata
- Hyundai Alcazar interior teased, unveil on April 7
Alcazar, which means a castle in Spanish, will make its global debut on April 7 and the launch is expected to be somewhere around June 2021. Alcazar will be positioned between Creta and Tucson in
- Triumph Trident 660 set for India-launch on April 6
Triumph Motorcycles India will launch its most-affordable offering, Trident 650 in the market on April 6, the British manufacturer confirmed on Tuesday.
- Govt seals deal with Mahindra Defence for procurement of 1,300 combat vehicles
These vehicles will be produced under the Make In India initiative
- Jaguar I-Pace launched in India, starts at Rs 1.06 crore
The Jaguar I-Pace starts at Rs 1.05 crore (ex-showroom) and goes up to Rs 1.12 (ex-showroom). The electric SUV will be available in 3 variants – S, SE and range-topping HSE. The SUV takes the CBU
- India to launch supercharged push for global electric vehicle players
India plans to offer fresh incentives to companies making electric vehicles (EVs) as part of a broad auto sector scheme it expects to attract $14 billion of investment over five years, according to
- Nissan announces price hike across its range
Nissan India on Tuesday announced a price hike across all available models under Nissan and Datsun’s Indian portfolio. The price hike will be effective from April 1.
- Govt explores introduction of 'flex-fuel' vehicles in India
Auto companies may soon be asked to manufacture passenger and commercial vehicles that run on multiple fuel configuration aimed at reducing the use of polluting fossil fuels and cutting down harmful
- Maruti Suzuki to raise prices to tackle higher costs
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd will raise prices for different car models in April, its second increase in 2021, due to a rise in various input costs, the automaker said on Monday.
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala, big bull who backed India,
- President Droupadi Murmu hails India’s startup
- Why we know so little about ancient Tamil conquests
- Another Congressional delegation visits Taiwan
- 'Verdicts must percolate quickly to all levels'
- Regional disparities reducing, says President in
- From Roti, Kapda.. to Mobile, Internet.. how
- Equipped to face challenges, says India on Chinese
- Salman Rushdie off ventilator, condition improving:
- Rakesh Jhunjhunwala: An ace investor with Midas